Mgr Supply Chain Planning 3
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Mission Systems Sector, Navigation & Maritime Systems Division, Marine Systems, Sunnyvale, seeks a Supply Chain Planning Manager 3 to join our Global Supply Chain team.
The Supply Chain Planning Manager 3 (SCPM) position is primarily responsible for the planning, coordinating and execution of material & services content for the programs in the Marine Systems' portfolio. The portfolio consists of two business units with several programs each. The position functions as the primary interface between the Program Management Office and the Global Supply Chain Management (GSC) organization. The SCPM must be capable of defining plans capable of supporting the tactical and strategic needs of the programs and communicating these plans as actionable objectives to direct line staff as well as procurement and subcontract administrator personnel. The SCPM will lead a team of Supply Chain Program Planners to complete the material/service acquisition objectives for Marine Systems.
The SCPM position is responsible for leading the development of supply chain elements of all bid and proposal efforts within the Sunnyvale campus business areas. This is inclusive of material, subcontract, and labor estimates and risk/opportunity development. The individual will ensure that prior to program execution, all elements of our proposed program(s) plans have complete and accurate schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and various supply chain management strategies related to materials, procurement and subcontracts management.
During program execution, the SCPM is responsible for ensuring that all supply chain commitments are met, and that appropriate mitigation plans are developed and executed to address any programmatic risks. The individual will lead and ensure that the organization is appropriately staffed to identify, predict, and manage cost, risk, opportunities, business area strategies, earned value management, timely purchase order placement, material receipts, and timely resolution of issues that emanate at our suppliers. This position will also interface with the functional areas of Engineering, Mission Assurance, Production (Ops), Logistics, Facilities and Business Management across the business area in support of the objective.
The SCPM will be responsible for forecasting portfolio material sales, variance analysis and leading the creation and review of Estimates at Completion for each program. The SCPM will be responsible for the oversight of each programs cost account for labor and material as well as supporting internal and external audits.
- Coordinates all phases of the procurement strategy from initiation of the supplier strategy in the capture/proposal phase through material/service delivery.
- Leads a team that is responsible for the cost, schedule and performance of suppliers for the business area.
- Responsible for daily operations of assigned team to include direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, operating costs and staffing decisions.
- Ensures that Supply Chain Program Planners know the BOM to be procured, understand the individual part requirements, know the cost targets, know the schedule requirements and know the procurement status of each part.
- Ensures that the Supply Chain Program Planners prepare accurate EACs
- Ensures that the Supply Chain Program Planners prepare accurate material receipts forecasts.
- Ensures supplier's compliance to schedule, terms and conditions, cost, contractual requirements, specifications and drawings.
- Develops and implements long-term supply chain strategies that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc. in support of business growth.
- Monitors key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of 6 years related professional work experience in supply chain, contracts, operations, logistics, engineering or program management.
- 5 years of people management and/or team lead experience
- Must possess demonstrated and proven successful leadership skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite with expertise in MS Excel
- Demonstrated success in managing complex supplier specifications, drawings, SOWs and supplier issue resolutions
- Proficiency in the use of SAP
- Technical aptitude for large mechanical hardware
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top