Mgr Supply Chain 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Global Supply Chain Planning Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and lead the efforts to globally expand our supply chain base with reliable and high performing suppliers. This position can be worked from Mclean, VA; Baltimore, MD; Huntsville, AL, San Diego or Redondo Beach, CA.
The individual will specifically lead the efforts specifically in Japan, Korea, Columbia and other Rest of World locations. The individual will specifically coordinate closely between the Divisions, Sector and Corporate office to support global expansion throughout the world. This position will be the lead GSC representative for Mission Systems sector when the corporation expands scope and scale of Northrop Grumman activities in ROW countries and when there is activity to expand GSC presence in these countries by establishing new In-Country Teams similar to those in the priority countries. The selected individual will be a leader in the development, mentoring, and engagement of the Global Supply Chain organization and their respective workload regarding global expansion.
The selected individual will be responsible for leading the strategy and planning activities for GSC in Business Acquisition Phases (BAP) 1-3/4 and will provide Leadership responsibility and accountability for smooth transitions to the various Divisions during long-term positioning and subsequent activities (BAP Phases 3/4 through 7) with support and coordination. The selected individual will be required to coordinate and communicate in multi-functional environment including but not limited to Business Development, Business Management, Engineering, Manufacturing & Sciences, Export/Import, Government Relations, legal and Global Trade Management interactions and will be required to provide guidance to the team on DoD technology release requirements and U.S. and foreign export/import regulations applicable to the product/technology offering and will lead the efforts to communicate and ensure NGC is well positioned to successfully meet offset, Industrial Participation and localization country obligations. Other responsibilities include:
Support global business growth and operational objectives by creating and advising on appropriate terms and conditions for supplier agreements to minimize supplier performance risks.
Liaison with Business Development, Contracts, Program Management, Engineering, Export and Mission Assurance leadership in support of Capture activities in the BAP 1-3/4 and enforce corporate policies, procedures and overall governance. Be involved in the resolution of programmatic issues including but not limited to GSC issues, supplier selection, the formulation of supplier negotiation and incentive strategies, the development of non-standard terms and conditions, risk reviews, non-advocate reviews (NARs), independent cost estimates (ICEs), proposal color team reviews, and program start-up and execution reviews. Possess a strong understanding of program capture and execution to enable guidance on statements of work, bill of materials, supplier scheduling and deliverables, supplier past performance, quality and mission assurance.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years leading a team directly or indirectly in a Global Business Growth function
- 5 years in a management and/or team lead position managing people
- 5 years involved in new business pursuits (captures and proposals), supplier selection and program/project start-ups.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills.
- Proven track record on successful global expansion efforts
- Expertise in Offset, Industrial Participation and Localization Strategy and Execution Plans
- Ability to strategically develop global supply chain expansion plans and communicate the execution plan throughout the enterprise
- Ability to be a Change Agent
- Ability to adapt to various cultures
- Proven leader with a track record of success in international captures
- Demonstrated ability to transform global growth through global supply chain expansion.
- Experience in business process improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Experience in identifying and driving operational/organizational change and excellence.
- Ability to work in a highly geographically diverse business environment
- Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Recent experience with Global Expansion and cross sector and enterprise collaboration
- Experience analyzing, reviewing and approving supplier performance and agreements.
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Procurement Manual, Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex global supply chain solutions.
- Position prefers a candidate with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Six Sigma Training/Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top