Mgr Supply Chain 3 - Affordability
- Redondo Beach, CA
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager of Supply Chain 3 - Affordability to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Global Operations organization. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA and will require frequent trips to Palmdale, CA and other domestic NGC locations.
You will be responsible and accountable to drive affordability throughout the Supply Chain operation; Improve internal hand-offs and transactional processes, improve internal goods movement flow within facilities and drive efficiencies within Logistics operations. Required to drive Program affordability with significant cost reductions with our Suppliers and improve lead times and drive efficiencies. Your familiarity with all phases of the supply chain cost reduction opportunities including designing out cost drivers and productivity issues for the long-term will be essential for success.
You'll lead the creation and execution of business strategies around the supply base and within the program and sector overarching strategy to ensure optimum outcomes in line with Sector & program cost targets. You'll be responsible for understanding all proposals, suppliers capability and affordability roadmaps and will create strategic supplier strategies leveraging all suppliers and programs requirements.
You should have a strong understanding & provide industry insight and knowledge regarding 2PL, 3PL, 4PL Strategies.
A technical background with an understanding of the functional elements to building aircraft and your ability to discuss engineering requirements and influence engineering design to drive affordability and reduce processing time is highly desirable.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to thin out of the box and is passionate about cost savings and affordability. Demonstrated history of identifying opportunities and building a compelling business case and implementing initiatives that drive significant savings (Return on Investment) and opportunities.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years' experience OR a Master's degree with 5 years' experience in a combination of at least one, or more, of the following: Global Supply Chain, Business Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5 years of prior leadership or management experience
- Knowledge of 2PL, 3PL and 4PL strategies
- Experience driving Supply Chain affordability initiatives
- Ability to work between Palmdale, CA and Redondo Beach, CA, and other domestic sites/supplier as needed for the business
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a STEM field
- Technical Engineering Experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with Aircraft Engineering and Design
- High Volume Commercial Supply Chain experience
- Experience with 2PL, 3PL and 4PL implementation strategy
- Active and current DOD Top Secret Clearance
- Current Special Program Access
Back to top