Mgr Structural Engineering 2
- Palmdale, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Structural Engineering Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Provide functional management (people, processes, tools, and technology) for a team of structural analysis engineers supporting multiple special access programs.
- Coordinate staffing requirements and support all staffing processes, including reviewing resumes and conducting interviews.
- Support the technical oversight of structural analysis packages and act as the focal point for customer review activities while maintaining positive customer relations with continued customer interaction.
- Provide leadership and direction regarding analysis of both composite and metallic aircraft structures, oversight and direction in enforcing quality of analysis to meet program objectives.
- May participate on RCCA as required.
- Ensure levied customer requirements regarding structural performance and weight threats are effectively managed within cost and schedule constraints.
- Provide technical oversight on structural analysis methodologies associated with MRB actives related to vehicle development, structural testing (static and fatigue) as required, and have technical oversight on sub-contract technical work interfacing with primary and/or secondary structures.
- BS degree in one of the following: Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering/Civil Engineering and 5 years applicable Stress/Structural Analysis experience working on military or government projects.
- In-scope DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience leading a structural analysis team or performing structural analysis within a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
- Experience working Special Access Programs
- Demonstrated technical leadership and management experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with the customer and program management.
Back to top