Mgr Strategic Planning
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in McLean, VA is seeking a Manager of Strategic Planning to develop long-range strategic plans for sector, divisions, functions, business units and/or operating units by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect efficiency and effectiveness. The selected individual will identify trends, risks, and opportunities and develop solutions in partnership with units as well as provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking. They will also facilitate strategic planning sessions to include the use of change management techniques to help the sector, divisions, functions, business units and/or operating units adapt to the proposed change.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated an ability to:
- Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to tee up strategic issues enabling the leaders to make a decision
- Communicate status and project issues to leadership
- Enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable
- Work with unit managers to determine status and actual work progress towards schedule
- Assist teams to operationalize their strategic plans
The position reports to the Director of Strategic Planning.
- Experience: 6 years with a Bachelor's, 4 years with a Master's, or 10 years in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of and experience in the Aerospace, Engineering, and/or Defense industry
- US Citizen and able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Current DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Experience in a consulting role
- Experience in a management role
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top