Mgr Software Engineering 3, Stores Management Systems Software
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This position is for a full-time Software Engineering Manager in the Software Directorate that will be based in Melbourne, Florida. This position will report directly to the COMSA Director and report functionally to the Software Center Director. They will act as assignment manager within the organization, managing <60 engineers organized into multiple product teams.
The candidate will manage software requirements, development, reuse assessment, implementation and test; execute and allocate resources, and will be responsible for all supporting documentation associated with the software. This manager will provide overall execution planning, including cost and schedule management and oversight of all stores management software development and reuse within the organization. Additional management duties will require execution of software development processes, risk management, tasking and coordination of the software team, technical oversight of major software suppliers. The position will also liaison with senior management of multiple adopting programs across the sector's portfolio.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field (Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field), or a demonstrated, sustained record of success in the management of software development and test culminating in successful product fielding
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with C, C , Linux, Python and embedded environments and real time operating systems (e.g. VxWorks)
- Experience with the development of safety critical software, e.g. DO-178B, Design Assurance Level A
- Experience with managing software development in an Agile environment
- Experience with MISRA C coding standards
- Experience with VectorCAST or LDRA
- Experience with earned value management
- Experience in technical leadership or management
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and presentation) and engagement skills
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance with SAP level access.
- Work-related experience with knowledge-based systems or machine learning concepts a plus
- Familiarity with software design and implementation standards as defined by the Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook
- Familiarity with software design and implementation standards as defined by STANAG 4406 Safety Design Requirements and Guidelines for Munition Related Safety Critical Computing Systems
- Familiarity with AOP-52 Guidance on Software Safety Design and Assessment of Munition-Related Computing Systems
- Familiarity with System Safety approach as defined by MIL-STD-882 System Safety
- Familiarity with CSMS Software Development process for meeting Airworthiness Certification Criteria as defined by MIL-HDB-516 Airworthiness Certification Criteria
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with automated software testing
- Current Secret SAP Clearance
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Software Development processes, SEI CMMI Level 3 or higher, AS9100
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top