Mgr Software Engineering 3, Common Data Display and Controls
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This position is a full-time Software Engineering Manager in the Software Directorate and will be based in Melbourne, Florida. This position will report directly to the COMSA Director and report functionally to the Software Center Director. They will act as assignment manager within his organization, managing <60 engineers organized into multiple product teams.
The candidate will manage software requirements, development, reuse assessment, implementation and test; execute and allocate resources, and will be responsible for all supporting documentation associated with the software. This manager will provide overall execution planning, including cost and schedule management and oversight of all data display and control software development and reuse within the organization. Additional management duties will require execution of software development processes, risk management, tasking and coordination of the software team, technical oversight of major software suppliers. The position will also liaison with senior management of multiple adopting programs across the sector's portfolio.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field (Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field), or a demonstrated, sustained record of success in the management of software development and test culminating in successful product fielding
- Familiar with all phases of the software development life cycle
- Experience with C , Linux, VxWorks, Python
- Experience with managing software development in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of ARINC 429, 661, 664, and 818 standards
- Working knowledge of military standards 516, 1472, 1787, 2525, 3009, and 38784
- Working knowledge of military handbooks 46855 and 87244
- Working knowledge of display development environments VAPS XT and IData
- Experience with earned value management
- Experience in technical leadership or management
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and presentation) and engagement skills
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance with SAP level access.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with automated software testing
- Current Secret SAP Clearance
- Familiarity with Northrop Grumman Software Development processes, SEI CMMI Level 3 or higher, AS9100, or DO-178.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top