Mgr Software Engineering 2 JRDC/IRES
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Manages a segment of a program or a function. Responsible for the direct supervision/management of staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing mgmt guidelines & general policies. Additional responsibilities include: planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or responsibility for program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a technical discipline, 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree and a minimum of 14 years' related experience in software engineering.
- Must be experienced in all aspects of the engineering process, from requirements analysis through verification testing.
- Proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and an active Secret clearance.
- Bachelors degree in STEM related discipline
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top