Mgr Software Engineering 2
- Colorado Springs, CO
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Payload and Ground Systems (PGS) software team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Manager Software Engineering 2 based out of Colorado Springs, CO or Schriever AFB. This management position will be performed in conjunction with a primary role on the Space Surveillance and Environmental Intelligence operation unit. The successful candidate will already have one of these roles or have been selected for such a role.
What You'll get to Do:
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/ she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading Software Engineering teams.
Responsibilities Include: - Technical contributor or manager as part of SMORS, NOALS, or MOSSAIC contract
- Functional oversight for a team of software engineers of varied disciplines including goal setting, feedback and performance management
- Staffing and workload forecasting
- Employee inclusion and engagement - Employee mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills require to execute on programs.
- Employee recruiting, sourcing, and onboarding
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant STEM discipline and a minimum of 9 years of related experience; or 7 years of related experience with a Masters; or 4 years of related experience with a PhD
- Must be experienced in broad aspects of the engineering development lifecycle
- At least 3 year of experience in a technical leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- This position requires an active Secret clearance or higher
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Master of Science in Engineering or other relevant STEM discipline
- Software engineering experience in support of software development
- Agile software development experience
- Model and Simulation development experience
- Prior engineering experience in support of the Missile Warning, Ballistic Missile Defense System, and/or Space Situational Awareness
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top