Mgr Software Engineering 1
Seeking an entry level Software Engineering manager for a team of up to 20 engineers, reporting to the software functional site manager for Engineering, Science and Technology.
She/he will provide guidance to direct report employees based on organizational goals and company policies.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with programs for tasking, timecard supervision, staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance reviews to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary.
She/he will enforce software standards, software process, common software tools usage, product line component reuse and software quality in accordance with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems guidelines.
The qualified candidate will also provide significant (approximately 80%) direct support to programs and/or other technical
efforts, including capture and proposals. This will include but is not limited to Software Engineering efforts, as well as estimating, planning, risk management, managing cost and schedule (EVMS) and quality on programs to meet contract
Software engineering efforts description: Designs, develops, documents, integrates, tests, debugs, deploys and maintains applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of computing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques
and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops test programs, utility programs, and implements computing development, integration, test and deployment environments and automated build and test processes.
"To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo " This video gives candidates a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is their first opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness Assessment and the overall process."
• BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM), direct experience in Software Engineering. 5 years of relevant exp; 3 years with a Masters
• Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
• Candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
• The candidate must have a full understanding of the software engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of engineering process, be proficient in process development and implementation as well as functional
• Ability to facilitate/mediate in conflict resolution matters
• Familiarity with other Engineering disciplines
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Experience in Agile software development methods
• Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership
• Knowledge of NGMS Spectrum Center based programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top