Mgr Software Engineering 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS), Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) Central Region, seeks to
fill the position of a Functional Manager. The position will be supporting the IPDDM and F3I program
contracts and IRADs. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and technical performance.
The Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers and ensure quality engineering support to programs, IRADs,
and new business pursuits. Responsibilities include day-to-day communications, employee engagement, performance
management, career development, employee rewards and recognition, and resolving personnel issues. Other
responsibilities could include support of college and intern recruiting, development and advancement of engineering
practices, identification of skill gaps, and increasing engineering competencies through strategic hiring and employee
skills development. This position requires a broad skill set that can balance between interpersonal, business, and
technical capabilities. The position requires functional management of 8-15 engineers and the capability to support as an
individual contributor. The position will work closely with the Program Manager and the other EM&S managers to assure
sustained top performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of six years software development experience
- Track record as an effective collaborator and communicator who is able to initiate, develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of engineering estimation methodologies
- Working knowledge of training resources, processes, and tools
- Willingness and ability to accommodate customer schedules; which can include surge periods and support requirements that may not always accommodate a 9/80 work schedule benefit.
- Active Secret Required with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Willingness to relocate to Rome, NY
- Experience with AFRL experimentation
- Experience with DCGS-AF
- Experience with multi-domain operations
- Experience with ISR assessment processes and TTPs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top