Mgr Software Development - Technical Configuration Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will oversee and manage concurrent versions of multiple components in system in various Software Development Life Cycle stages.
- Manage all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), from requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and production support for software applications.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple concurrent software baselines and baseline components in various SDLC stages.
- Responsibilities include people management, budgeting, cost management, and financial reporting for assigned projects.
- Manages multiple projects, processes, or other initiatives of significant complexity, size, risk and complex interdependencies.
- Directs and manages the formulation of technology goals, policies, and overall strategy.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and support to programs to assist in developing, implementing, and evaluating improved technology processes and discusses technology issues and solutions with program management, other managers, staff, and customers.
- Interacts with client to understand project and/or process requirements, timelines, resources available, and existing assets to leverage.
- Collaborates with the customer and internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Provides status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and presentation of project deliverables.
- Responsible for daily operations and direct supervision of staff, assignment and review of work, schedules, day to day workflow, operating costs.
- Serves as mentor and point of contact for staff members to escalate, coordinate, and resolve issues and participates in goal-setting, drafts and delivers team member performance evaluations.
- Supports business operating objectives and contributes to Northrop Grumman business growth goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with a minimum of 15 years overall experience.
- 10 years of experience expert knowledge and recent experience of maintaining, tracking, and controlling multiple concurrent software versions.
- 8 years of management experience, including planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating resources.
- 5 years of experience with contracts, negotiations, and coordination.
- Experience with business process assessment, development, and redesign.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities.
- Effective oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have Secret/Top Secret clearance or be able to obtain Secret/Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with healthcare applications and terminology, specifically supporting the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise in managing and deploying interfaces utilizing health IT interoperability standards such as Dicom, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges
- Experience working on mission critical applications for a Federal Government customer
- Collaboration with executives
- PMP Certification
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top