Mgr Software Development 2
We are seeking a Manager of Software Developer to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The candidate will:
- design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- act as team leader on projects.
- instruct, assign, direct, and check the work of other software developers on development team.
- participate in development of software user manuals
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Provide guidance to other team members
Assist the team and client in requirements gathering and validation
Author and present technical design documentation
Plan and lead major technology assignments
Evaluate performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Assist with the definition of strategic direction of various DMDC products
Assist in improving organization standards and guidelines.
Conducts presentations for customer meetings as required
Assists management with recruiting, facilitation of meetings, conferences, and travel
Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel
Manage a team of technical contributors; establish goals and measure results; provide guidance for training and other career enhancing activities.
- B.S. degree 15 year experience, or M.S. degree 10 year experience, or Ph. D 5 year experience
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Strong Java programing skills required
- Experience with Eclipse, CM tools as Subversion and Git
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- SQL, Spring, MyBatis, Maven, AngularJS, REST or SOAP experience a plus
- Active Top Secret SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top