Mgr Quality Engineering 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector (NGMS) is seeking a Manager, Quality Engineering2 to join the sector Supplier Quality homeroom team. This position is a member of the Supplier Quality Field Engineering (SQFE) leadership team. This team is a part of the Supplier Quality organization in Mission Excellence. This team supports all divisions within the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector. This position could be located out of a number of NGMS locations such asBaltimore, MD, San Diego, Rolling Meadows, Woodland Hills, CA based on successful candidate's ability and qualificationS.
As a key leader of the Supplier Quality team, this SQFE leader collaborates closely with the division Supplier Quality team, Program Mission Assurance, Global Supply Chain, and Mission Excellence as well as engineering and manufacturing disciplines. This leader will provide strategic thought leadership for supplier and subcontractor management and drive for innovative and preventive solutions to ensure the quality of procured material and services. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading change initiatives while achieving internal customer expectations and focusing on organizational and team success. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner.
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols to ensure suppliers successfully process materials into partially finished or finished materials product per Northrop Grumman requirements.
This leader will be expected to drive for process improvements and position the team to perform key quality engineering activities in addition to the specific technical discipline that is a specific SQFE supports.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Managing and leading a team of strong, technically diverse, SQFE's. They are diverse in both technical disciplines and the level of quality engineering activities and tasks they perform. In this role you will be expected to continue to develop quality engineering skillsets. In addition, you will be expected to work with the SQFE team to implement methodologies for successful product inspection and process assessments. In addition, you will be expected to assess tools, processes and methodologies for inspections and process audits/assessments, to ensure that we are in alignment with industry standards.
- Engage with the Division Supplier Quality team in all phases of the program maturation process. Candidates for this position must be well versed in risk identification and management. The key support the SQFE leadership team provides is working with the Division facing Supplier Quality Team to assist in the identification of risk and working collaboratively on the development of risk mitigation and management strategies. Also, support program and Global Supply Chain sourcing plans and influence sourcing strategies to ensure that NGMS is using compliant and highly capable suppliers.
- Collaborate with Division facing Supplier Quality and Program Mission Assurance/Quality Assurance to ensure appropriate quality requirements for suppliers. Candidate must be knowledgeable in areas such as special processes, material authenticity, DFAR Quality Requirements and QMS in order to ensure that the appropriate flow down requirements are included to ensure compliance and supplier capability to perform.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Program, and Factory Quality Eng organizations to identify and understand supplier quality issues identified in receiving inspection and on the factory floor as they pertain to the supplier base. Collaborate with all stakeholders to drive suppliers to effective and sustained Root Cause & Corrective Action. Ensure that the SQFE's are driving suppliers in the development of effective RCA's and the implementation of effective Corrective Actions that preclude recurrence while working with suppliers to ensure actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Use data-driven processes to measure supplier quality performance, mitigation of risk and to lead continuous improvement processes.
- Promote the professional development of the Supplier Quality team and foster a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
- Maintain the highest level of commitment to quality, compliance and internal controls in adherence to company values and ethics.
- Provide clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in an quality engineering, engineering, technical, business, operations, manufacturing, supply chain or other related discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience in Program or Project Management, Mission Assurance, Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering.
- 3+ years ofmanaging or leading teamsin disciplines such as quality, program management, supply chain, engineering and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding of the program / product lifecycle in the areas ofsupply chain management, receiving operations, inventory control, production control, product test & evaluation, root cause analysis, product sell off, shipping and product support as they apply to quality.
- Previous collaborative leadership experience working with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Proficient at root cause analysis and corrective action implementation. Has the ability to teach and mentor others in this area.
- Extensive understanding of quality management systems structure and requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System certification process and CMMI Assessment Process.
- Master's degree inan engineering or managementfield.
- Defense Industry experience as a Program or Project Manager, Quality Manager, Supplier Quality Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Engineering Manager or Manufacturing Management
- Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Project Management Experience
- Quality Engineering Experience, CQE
- Supplier Quality Engineering, CSQE
- AS9100 Rev D Lead Auditor Certification and Experience
- Supplier Auditing Experience, Process and QMS, CQA
- QMS Implementation Experience
- Risk Management Experience
- Reliability Engineering & Risk Management, CRE
- Manufacturing Engineering and/or Operations Management Experience
- BS Engineering with MSQA , MBA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top