Mgr Quality 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Manager Quality 1 to support a program located in Mojave, CA. The Manager Quality 1 will manage a segment of the program and will be responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff. Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines and general policies.
Program Manager responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large delivery order or mid-size technical services-type contract.
- Assignments are received in objective oriented terms and provides direction to subordinates based on general policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Decision making, oversees projects, and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt and/or exempt employees. Becomes involved only when required to assist in meeting schedules or to resolve technical or operational problems. May accomplish results through lower level supervisor or exempt employees.
- Executes department procedures that typically affect individual employees within own department. Policy management: Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources and funds
- Accomplishes results through lower-level subordinate supervisors or through experienced exempt employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Often head a centralized functional activity.
- Functions as an advisor to unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
- Frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning specifics operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of Aircraft Manufacturing/Quality experience
- Experience in the requirements/processes associated with prototyping/advanced development concepts
- Must have an active secret clearance and the ability to obtain a program access
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, or unexpected events
- Prioritizes and plans work activities of self and others
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Experience leading teams and managing employees
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top