Mgr Project Management 2
We are currently seeking a Project Manager 2 to join our growing team in Warner Robins, Georgia. The successful candidate will manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Receives monthly/Quarterly and/or annual scheduling priorities from Program Management and/or Business Area Managers.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, availability, and potential production problems.
- Develops, maintains and distributes schedule metrics to the Program Office (For use in CDRLs).
- Coordinates with Program Management, Sustainment Center, Materials and Distribution, Mission Assurance and Engineering Managers to ensure personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided to meet schedule.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, processes and schedules.
- Responsible for the direct supervision/management of the staff.
- Manages Project Management and SCA Production Control Clerk employees performing administration and production control duties.
- Responsible for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs, timekeeping).
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with mission assurance, sustainment center, material and distribution and engineering.
- Monitor manpower requirements for production execution.
- Collaborate on process improvement teams related to department, or business area initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of experience with scheduling and production with Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of Bachelor's, will consider 9 years of scheduling and production experience.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel
- Production and scheduling experience in a defense or industrial environment preferred.
- Experience with project scheduling, SAP, GoldESP, and/or Wide Area Work Flow desired.
- Basic understanding of Export Compliance (ITAR and EAR) as it relates to impacts to program scheduling is preferred.
- Prior managerial experience supervising 5 or more staff preferred.
- Expertise in MS Excel preferred (formula applications, data sorting, and filtering)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top