Mgr Project Management 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector located outside of Baltimore, Maryland has an immediate need for a Project Manager 2/Technical Lead in it's Detection Systems business area L&AC4RST division. Programs include the development of chemical and biological detection systems. The Project Manager will support the Detection Systems business area needs in effective program and project management, including program start-up support and continued program needs, including program administration, budgeting, schedules, facilities, staffing, customer engagement, business acquisition planning, tracking potential opportunities, and other existing program activities.
Project Managers primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools
Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
Proposal development / capture planning and strategy
Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy. The Project Manager will be required to lead a technical team in the development of technical strategies for program capture and execution and should have a strong technical background in chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and/or explosive defense or related field.
As a Project Manager, the individual will be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of program teams.
- Bachelor's Degree plus at least 7 years of relevant experience, or Masters plus at least5 years of relevant experience.
- At least one year of management or leadership experience in DHS or DoD defense systems.
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal. Experience managing to cost, performance, and schedule requirements
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Ability to travel domestically
- Experience interfacing with the CBRNE community (DHS, USAMRIID, ECBC, CDC, EPA)
- Prior knowledge/experience with the United States Postal Service Engineering and Technology Acquisition planning/process, program creation, and program management processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top