Mgr Programs 3 - Field Operations US Navy Submarine
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Senior Program Manager (Level 3) with extensive experience in Field Engineering Services, and in direct support of the Marine Systems Business Unit and the U.S. Navy's submarine fleet. This position leads a team of approximately 90 engineering and maintenance personnel who permanently reside at the Naval Submarine Bases at Bangor, Washington, Kings Bay, Georgia, Cape Canaveral, Florida and several other crucial locations around the United States and United Kingdom. This single position is a part of the Launcher Team at the Marine Systems Business Unit headquarters, which is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
• Bachelor's Degree and 15 years applicable experience', or Master's and 10 years' applicable experience supporting Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries. 4 years of additional experience in lieu of education
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead or supervisor.
• Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
• Secret or Above DOD Security Clearance
• Previous experience with the U.S. Navy, either as Active Duty, Civil Service, or Government Contractor.
• Previous experience with the U.S. Navy submarine service and/or shipboard weapon system constituents and operating principles.
• The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of technical concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control technical plans and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
• The ability to plan and execute a project quality management system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project value system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous process improvement.
• The ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
• The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work required and only the work required is performed.
• The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports program goals and company strategy.
• The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top