Mgr Programs 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Program Manager 3. This position is located in McLean Va.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for all program management activities to include meeting contractual requirements, planning and risk management.
- Address project performance cost, schedule, and technical quality.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Provide coordination of all partners and teammates on the contract.
- Responsible for increasing engagement among all of our team members and ensuring career and development paths for all employees.
- Responsible for quality management, business development and growth, task/site integration, technical and management performance, personnel training, CMMI and ISO compliance, facility and personnel management.
- Identifies program problems and implements solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Performs as the primary customer contact and leads program review sessions with customers as senior executive to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts to solve complex problems, new processes to improve productivity and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 15 years' related experience or a Master's Degree and 13 years' experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of specialized experience directly supervising and managing major projects with a total value of $100M or greater involving integration, implementation and transition of large complex systems and subsystems.
- Candidate must possess a strong background in change leadership, strategic development, and customer and employee engagement skills.
- Experience with Earned Value Management concepts and operations.
- Experience with a complete System Development Lifecycle engineering framework.
- 10 years of experience working in or with Civil Aviation organizations such as the FAA.
- Demonstrated experience working with systems supporting the National Airspace Systems (NAS) or Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) systems.
- 10 years of experience in a management role on a large scale software development program.
- Strong leadership characteristics and ability to motivate and energize teams to produce a quality system, on time and within budget.
- Proven leadership skills in a program management environment with a diverse team and a successful track record.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, organizational, and time management skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top