Mgr Programs 3 - Advanced Capabilities Development - DARPA Program Development Lead
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector's Emerging Capabilities Development (ECD) division is seeking exceptional candidates to join the Advanced Capabilities Development team (ACD) as the Manager, Advanced Research Projects. ACD works with Department of Defense and Intelligence Community science and technology customers to identify and pursue innovative technology development CRAD programs to supplement the ECD technology solution products and ultimately address the DoD customer needs and warfighting challenges.
The Manager, DARPA Program Development Lead is ECD's primary interface to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The individual selected for this role will rely on his or her outstanding personal credibility, built upon a combination of strong technical expertise and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to build and sustain trusted relationships with DARPA Program Managers, their technical support staff, and members of DARPA's office leadership. In this capacity, the individual will help solve our customer's technical and mission challenges, informing customers of ECD's capabilities and technologies and facilitating connections between customers and other members of ECD, including both our technical and program leadership. As the individual identifies specific opportunities, he or she then rallies the appropriate support within ECD to help create innovative, differentiated offerings in response to customer solicitations. Additionally, the individual will be supporting assessments of the market in reviewing DARPA budgets by office and providing competitor intelligence. The position requires an entrepreneurial, strategic and business-oriented thinker with experience in assessing customer resources, missions, threats, and gaps in a science, technology, and engineering environment.
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Math required with 10 years relevant experience or Masters and 8 years' experience.
• Prior experience in program management, as either a program manager or principal investigator.
• Basic understanding of relevant mission technologies, including EO/IR, RF, Cyber, Electronic Warfare, Communications, Multi-INT, data processing and exploitation, Microelectronics, Positioning, Navigation & Timing, etc.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Current SECRET clearance, with ability to obtain a top secret government security clearance and be granted access to SAP/SAR activities.
• US Citizenship is required
PhD degree in Engineering, Science, or Math with 7 years of relevant experience.
• Recent experience working with science and technology customers, such as DARPA, AFRL, ONR/NRL, RDECOM, etc.
• Demonstrated experience establishing customer partnerships that enable growth
• Current TS//SCI access; SAP/SAR accesses
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top