Mgr Programs 3
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman, Space Systems is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the Payload and Ground Systems Division in the Remote Sensing Programs business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrixed-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals. This position will be located in Baltimore (Linthicum), MD.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout) or re-compete. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning and proposal development
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...)
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
• Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Ensure program team understands & adheres to the contract scope.
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization
• Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
• Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
A successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to define, document, analyze, trace, prioritize, and confirm requirements throughout the entire program life cycle.
• Have the ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with the baseline.
• Consistently make time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
This management role will require you to complete an assessment as part of the application process. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
Back to top