Mgr Programs 3
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of health and human services technology for modernization of systems in the States. This position will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health and Social Service Solutions Operating Unit. As a long standing provider of Information System services for various State Health and Social Services agencies, the Northrop Grumman team has a deep understanding of the requirements to build, integrate, deploy and support critical human services systems. This position will assist our team of information system professionals that have demonstrated their ability to serve our customers and implement Modular Healthcare Program projects. This position will be instrumental in expanding Northrop Grumman's position in the State Health and Social Services market.
The Program Manager will act as the senior program leader for the Healthcare Programs system Integration projects and provide key leadership to the Northrop Grumman team with responsibilities to provide services that covers integration and interoperability services, data management between modules, core shared database services and certain web service transactions. The successful candidate will execute daily operations and management for the Systems Integration project which includes attention to leadership engagement with customer stakeholders, people management and development, contract oversight, project financial performance, project schedule management and resource allocation.
They will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison and coordinate with principal state stakeholders, product vendors and IV&V in support of modernization of health and human services systems.
- Understand the business processes and IT systems that support health insurance eligibility and enrollment, preferably for Medicaid programs.
- Mange the design, development, integration and implementation of health insurance enrollment and claim payment, preferably for Medicaid programs.
- Interface closely with state stakeholders, business analysts, systems analysts and product vendors and manage their efforts.
- Lead health and human services market, lead and support proposal development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline with 15 years of experience.
- 10 years of technical project management with full SDLC experience.
- 7 years of program management experience with demonstrated FFP management (responsibility for delivery financial performance and contract stewardship)
- 5 years of experience successfully managing system integration projects and contracts.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of MMIS systems including design, development, implementation and maintenance and operations services
- Program experience with direct P&L responsibility, developing and managing budgets, developing forecasts, reading and interpreting cost reports and invoices.
- 7 years Human Services Program past experience.
- Experience managing multiple vendors preferably in a peer to peer environment
- Experienced in leading and motivating others, development of high potential employees, have a high level of collaboration with internal and external customers, partner service skills, and have the ability to think strategically.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to interface effectively with employees, customers, and colleagues across multiple levels of an organization.
- PMP Certification
- Relevant work experience in the health care industry, preferably in MMIS and/or Medicaid enterprise systems.
- Master's Degree in Business, Health Sciences, or Computer Science
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top