Mgr Programs 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Program Manager 3 to join our team.
The Undersea Systems business unit is the center of excellence for complex, unmanned systems and solutions across the maritime environment. The business unit is seeking candidates for a Program Manager, Special Defense Operating Unit (OU). This position is located in Annapolis, MD.
Program Manager (PM) responsibilities include day-to-day program execution. This position requires a leader who has demonstrated his/her ability to manage program execution, shape customer needs, and establish and develop existing and new customer relationships in this domain area. Additionally, the selected candidate will be responsible for allocation of program space, execution of program security requirements, promoting professional development of program personnel, and ensuring the rigor of program execution. Must be perceived as a thought leader by peers and the customer community.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with 10 years relevant experience.
• Be a manager/leader whose decisions affect the financial, employee, or public relations perception.
• Be accountable for results that impact the performance of the mission and success of the program's objectives.
• Be responsible for the successful operation of program objectives and activities.
• Be responsible for overall program budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
• Direct and control the activities of program activities through IPT leads.
• Coordinates development and tracking of progress against integrated master schedule.
• Coordinates activities of Logistics, Production, Engineering, Test, and Supply Chain to ensure on-time and within budget delivery of mission hardware.
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules. Identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, support, and administrative areas.
• Lead the assigned program activities supporting the program's strategy development, budget and cost management, proposal development, product acquisition and delivery activities thereby ensuring timely and cost effective delivery, and customer satisfaction.
• Active TS/SCI security clearance with a CI Poly
• Support of the daily execution of a Special Defense program
• Conduct briefings and technical meetings for corporate management.
• Interact with equivalent-level managers concerning matters of significance to the company.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top