Mgr Programs 3
- Baltimore, MD
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the Sector Programs Organization.
The Program Manager will provide leadership to produce positive business outcomes for programs across the portfolio. The Program Manger will drive business outcomes for multiple initiative teams, assess overall integrated planning, manage across dependencies and ensure outputs are lasting within the policy, process and business model framework.
This position will require travel which may be triggered with short notice. The successful applicant will provide full spectrum planning, support, and assistance primarily for the IPRS programs and SPW/CPW pursuits. This position will report to the Sector Director, Program Execution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This position will interact with senior sector leadership across all divisions and functions as well as developing/ coordinating clear, concise and compelling executive communications, and driving effective and efficient operations.
- The Program Manager will perform integrated planning, monitoring and control status across the entire program management domain, communicate that status to the corporate, division and functional teams, and provide coaching and instruction to enable the teams to execute effectively and reduce overall execution risk.
- This position serves as a resource to the Sector Programs organization and the divisions for the resolution of problems and issues related to planning and implementation of an integrated program, as well as support to the sector monthly metrics analysis process.
- The Program Manager will participate in, and may be called upon, to represent the organization for Non-Advocate Reviews (NARs), Baseline Reviews, Program Visibility Reviews, other Independent Reviews (per MSM D125), and ad hoc reviews of programs across the sector.
- The Program Manager will participate in the Corporate Audit of Program Management
- The Program Manager may participate in Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Compliance Audits - Focal point for Program Management segments of the DCMA audits of the Quality Management System. This includes the sections on Program Management, Monitoring, Customer Satisfaction, Program Quality, Corrective Action Process
- The Program Manager will identify unattended (white space) business needs and develop/deliver solutions to address
- The Program Manager will deliver Program Manager training to in the form Instructor of PM301 and various workshops to PMs across the portfolio
- The Program Manager will facilitate human capital strategies to promote processes and infrastructure for career development, cross functional rotations and mentoring
- The Program Manager will maintain and support relationships with functional organizations peer leadership across the sector
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years' experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of Program Management experience.
- Thorough understanding of Program Management and mastery of the application of sound planning, scheduling and integrated risk approach to programs.
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills and a positive temperament are crucial.
- Secret Clearance
- Experience and understanding of the Program Execution Framework (PEF) and its flexible application to various types of programs
- Program Management experience on complex development as well as production hardware (radar, EW, EO/IR) programs is preferred; demonstrated experience managing a program through the complete lifecycle
- Additional education and/or program management training are desired.
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Back to top