Mgr Programs 3
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a cleared Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the Emerging Systems and Strategic Initiatives business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout).
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
- Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools
- Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
- Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
- Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
- Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
- Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
- Proposal development / capture planning and strategy
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
- Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy
- Current Secret or higher security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years', or Master's and 7 years' experience supporting Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries.
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
- Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
- The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports program goals and company strategy.
- The ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
- The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
- The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Technical Bachelor's, Master's or PhD Degree with Systems Engineering or Software Integration experience
- Experience in aircraft design, installation, integration, DO178C and DO254
- Experience with Capture Management
- Experience working with the Army National Guard
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top