Mgr Programs 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is searching for a dynamic individual to serve as a Program Manager 3 in support of an aerial systems program in San Diego, CA.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Management and oversight of all assigned personnel onsite in the NG San Diego facility.
- Daily interaction with other team members to coordinate development, production and sustainment activities.
- Lead long-term scheduling to achieve program objectives for Ground Systems department.
- Strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
- He/ she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
- This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
- He / she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals.
- The candidate will work closely with the directors and managers of other
engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math discipline
- 15 years of experience in program management of development programs with some oversight experience on sustainment and production efforts..
- Experience leading teams in the development of enterprise-level software, and understanding of enterprise systems
engineering is essential
- Experience leading systems engineering teams and efforts on large-scale programs. Experience building teams and
assessing technical talent Experience developing, organizing, and executing engineering activities
- Experience with computer system design, requirements development, computer and system security, network engineering and maintenance, and data transmission.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving skills, the ability to gain internal support, and ability to establish solid and positive working relationships across internal and external organizational boundaries
- Familiarity with Software Engineering Processes (e.g. requirements development, system design, verification and validation, integration, maintenance, operations, etc.), and experience with Services Oriented Architectures, web services, and XML data services
- Experience in agile and/or spiral development models desired.
- Exemplary oral, written, and presentation communication skills with experience briefing to senior management and
- Active, current DoD Secret clearance
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering or other computer science-related discipline, or MBA
- Understanding of CMMI systems development processes, Rational ClearCase, and ClearQuest
- PMP certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top