Mgr Programs 3
- Cincinnati, OH
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader.
At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career. At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Program Manager 3 to support programs in our Cincinnati location. The Xetron Operating Unit within the Intelligence Solutions Business Unit in the Cyber & Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is looking for an experienced manager to lead a portfolio of custom development, integration and data management programs. The selected candidate must have a comprehensive knowledge of company program management standards, policies, and guidelines. Candidate must have a successful track record in bidding and leading programs with successful, quantified business results. Candidate should possess a broad background with a varying portfolio of experiences including software development, integration and related services. The selected individual must be able to interact with and influence executive level management and communicate effectively with both oral and written presentations.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals. The Department Manager will be responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of custom development programs with ~$30M in annual sales, located in multiple customer and Northrop Grumman locations.
- Oversight of multiple programs tracking program performance to department goals including revenue, margin, awards, and participating in the negotiation of contracts and contract change
- Developing a strategic roadmap for the department and positioning the organization for growth.
- Leading business development efforts to expand current programs and capture of new programs.
- Mentoring program managers.
- Provide overall team leadership to include fostering engagement activities for all staff
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and eight (8)+ years management experience working with the DoD and the Intelligence Community
- Technical resource planning, staffing, and resource management.
- Project planning and control, scheduling, and budget forecasting
- Demonstrated increasing responsibility / growth of programs.
- Experience/knowledge in Intel contracting including CPFF, CPAF, LOE, Completion contracts
- Experience leading mid-large size teams.
- Awareness of business and financial reporting processes.
- Ability to operate independently with limited supervision.
- Effective written, interpersonal, facilitation and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft productivity software applications: Word, Power Point, Excel, and Project.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Masters in Business Administration
- PMP Certification
- Experience/knowledge in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering and agile processes
- Knowledge/background in development programs and processes
- Proficiency in business and financial reporting.
- Proven record working in an agile acquisition environment dealing with dynamic requirements
- Ability to grasp complex issues, independently formulate analysis and proposed solutions, lead people, manage complex
activities, manage risks and opportunities, brief issues and represent the company well to the customer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top