Mgr Programs 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill a Manager Level 3 – Systems Architectures position in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) function. This is a dual role encompassing both people leadership and
technical execution on program assignments.
Roles and responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for performance management, staffing and workload forecast, adherence to systems engineering processes, employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development, employee training and identification of skills required to execute on programs.
- There is functional oversight of approximately 11 systems architects of varied disciplines working multiple programs, IRAD initiatives, and new business capture opportunities with strategic importance for large downstream value.
- Oversight of cost, schedule, and technical quality for system development contracts.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance.
- He/ she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Demonstrate abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
- Demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities.
- He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals.
- Work closely with the directors and managers of other engineering disciplines, program directors and program managers.
- Champion change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a technical area and have a minimum of 9
years' experience in an engineering discipline (Systems, Software, or Hardware).
- The candidate must have experience in a technical leadership or program leadership capacity (IPT Lead, SEIT, Program Manager, or EPM).
- Candidate must possess effective communication and presentation skills and high proficiency in technical problem solving,
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and with an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret and Special Access clearances.
- Candidate with a Master's of Science in a technical area or Business Administration. Minimum of 9 years' experience in Systems Architecture or Systems engineering experience on Radar, EO/IR, Communications, SIGINT, or EW programs.
- Candidate with previous management, supervisory or personnel leadership experience.
- Applicant possesses an active Top Secret clearance / Current TS Investigation and the ability to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance / SSBI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top