Mgr Programs 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in San Diego, CA is seeking a Program Manager 2 to capture and manage a variety of new and existing sustainment programs in support of our government customer. Programs will include the development , integration, testing, and demonstration of our Communications Navigation and Identification (CNI) products. Candidates must have in-depth experience managing and conducting technical and blended operations within the customer space.
Responsibilities will include managing the day to day operations, meeting budget and cost objectives, working closely with engineering, business management, and contracts to provide necessary programmatic management support. In addition to Program Management responsibility, the candidate will be working directly with the this customer, and other business partners, to foster strong operational relationships.
The Program Manager will be required to lead a team in the development of the technical approach on proposals and programs for program capture and execution, and should have a strong technical background. This position requires strong oral communication skills and technical writing abilities to support proposal development and briefings to Mission Systems San Diego senior staff members; Northrop Grumman division, sector, and corporate senior staff members; as well as senior government customers.
As a Program Manager, the individual will direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. He/she will be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major R&D type programs.
Other responsibilities include:
- *Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes
- *Create new innovative program concepts and develop business opportunities
- *Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, cost estimates, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- *Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- * Develop new business and expand the product line with the customer
- *Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules; identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
- *Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas
- *Manage a program or a function within the larger organizational unit, setting and operating to objectives and providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives, and company policy
- Bachelor’s Degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience, or PhD plus 3 years of relevant experience
- At least one year of functional/program management experience in military/defense systems
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to cost, performance, and schedule requirements
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience interfacing with other Defense Contractors and Government Agencies
- Detailed knowledge of Government planning, program creation, and program management processes
- Technical MS or PhD
- SAP/SAR clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top