Mgr Programs 2
- Buffalo, NY
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Manger, Programs Level 2 (PM2) to support the Amherst Systems Operating Unit portion of the Emerging Systems and Strategic Initiatives Business Unit. Amherst Systems, located in Buffalo, New York is focused on the development and production of state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare (EW) Simulation Systems solutions for US Government, Domestic and International Customers. The primary objective of a successful PM2 will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
• Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
• Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools
• Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
• Proposal development / capture planning and strategy
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy.
• Bachelor's Degree and 7 years', or Master's and 5 years' experience supporting Department of Defense,
Government contracts, or project management in other industries.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead,
integrated program team or cost account manager.
• Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
• The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to
the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program
information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem
resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
• The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that
meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies
risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and
opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• The ability to establish and apply a technical performance baseline to monitor and compare key program technical
performance measures, assess program and product status, and take appropriate action to maintain conformance with
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government, DoD Secret clearance.
• The ability to identify, orchestrate, coordinate and controls the management activities and processes that integrate
program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
• The ability to plan and execute a project quality management system to satisfy quality requirements and create a project
value system which emphasizes prevention over inspection and continuous process improvement.
• The ability to effectively plan, define, establish, communicate, monitor, and control scope to ensure that all of the work
required and only the work required is performed.
• The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that
supports program goals and company strategy.
• Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
• Experience in Next-Generation military aircraft EW or aerospace systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top