Mgr Programs 2
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Manger, Programs Level 2 to support the Multifunction Systems organization unit within the ECD Advanced Programs business unit. The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a matrixed-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout) or re-compete. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop customer relationships and cultivate customer intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical objectives
- Development and delivery of presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Develop new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning and proposal development
- Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc...)
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
- Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
- Completion and tracking of the Contract Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Ensure program team understands & adheres to the contract scope.
- Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Thorough risk & opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization
- Submission of program performance in internal reporting systems (i.e. IPRS)
- Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
- Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
- Addressing workforce planning needs, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years', or Master's and 5 years' experience supporting Government contracts and/or project management in other industries
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
- Active Secret Clearance with active investigation within the last 6 years and ability to be accessed for SAP/SAR clearances
- Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value: The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top