Mgr Programs 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace. We are seeking a Mgr Programs 2 to join our leadership team. This position will be located in Sykesville, MD.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Program Management position in the Power / Controls business area managing a program for equipment used in the US Navy Fleet.
- The Program Manager is responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program.
- The position will lead the team for performing on-going production, designing for obsolescence replacement, and performing new business capture.
- The Program Manager acts as the primary customer contact.
- The Program Manager leads program review sessions, both with the customer and with internal upper management, on cost, schedule, and technical performance, as well as actions to address issues.
- The Program Manager develops new business to expand the product line with the customer.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identifies program problems and obtains team solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Leads the team of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and 10 years of experience working on defense programs with experience across technical, business/finance, project management, or customer-facing roles
- 5 years Program Management Experience in a DoD Environment
- Outstanding PC skills (including MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on High Performance Teams
- Must be a US citizen with a Confidential clearance
- Program or Project Management experience in design and development programs
- Experience cultivating adjacencies with existing customers
- Program Management and Proposal Experience
- Background in Naval Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top