Mgr Programs 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Program Manager. This position is located in the Middletown, RI area.
The Program Manager will manage the design, sustainment and modernization of United States Navy, submarine training systems and associated products, related to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) organization and associated Submarine Learning Centers (SLC's). As a Senior Technical Representative, our Program Manager will lead and manage diverse and geographically dispersed technical support teams at multiple submarine learning centers, co-located with our Navy customers and stake-holders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance of indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract and individual delivery order for multiple contract vehicles.
- Building and sustaining NUWC customer and stakeholder relations with suitable expectations regarding program performance, budgets and technical requirements.
- Customer contact for program activities and in charge of leading technical review sessions with to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Oversee and direct design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for research, development, installation, systems integration and testing of new and/or modernized training systems, to include hardware and software systems.
- Manage and report to (internally and externally) over all project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements.
- Coordinate in the preparation of contract and task order proposals, business plans, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of base contract and delivery orders.
- Provide leadership and ethical guidance to subordinates and sub-contracted teammates, based on NG organizational goals and company policies.
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders, to develop new business opportunities and expand the scope of work with the NUWC customer, while growing internal business portfolio.
- Lead and manage diverse and geographically dispersed and technical program support teams, to achieve world-class performance and program operational objectives.
1. Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or similar technical field or related technical Management discipline.
2. Minimum of 15 years of related program and/or project management experience, overseeing the execution of multiple DoD contact types, in support of the Department of Defense (DoD).
3. Minimum of 15 years, as a team/project leader leveraging technical management skills for life-cycle software production and participation in planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and support of software applications and model-based engineering systems.
4. Experience and familiarity with Naval Sea Systems Command and Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) organizations.
5. An experienced and ethical manager and leader, with ability to lead effectively in a cross functional and geographically dispersed team environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead advanced technical teams; to provide solutions to complex engineering problems.
7. Active SECRET clearance.
8. U.S. Citizenship
1. Experience managing and leading a DoD program, greater than $20M sales annual.
2. Expertise and experience in troubleshooting, operation, sustainment, integration and modernization of both hardware and software systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top