Mgr Programs 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is looking for a Program Manager 2 to join our ESSI Programs focusing on EO/IR Targeting and Surveillance systems and Radio Frequency (RF) radar warning/jammer systems. Position includes both new business capture as well as program management (technical, financial, and schedule) for on-going programs. The position is located in Rolling Meadow, IL.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Program Manager directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years experience in military or aerospace systems or equivalent in either industry or the Government.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- U.S citizen and ability to obtain US Government Secret clearance.
- Prior experience applying supporting EO/IR/RF products technology to current and new applications in the defense industry.
- Program or Project Management experience in Engineering, Operations or Logistics.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master's Business Administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top