Mgr Programs 2
- Chantilly, VA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman, is looking for an energetic Program Manager level 2 to assist the Mission Systems Sector, (IMSOU) Information Mission Systems Operating Unit in managing a key programs located in the Chantilly, Virginia.
The candidate shall direct all phases of the program from inception through completion. Responsible for cost, schedule and technical performance. The program is a fast paced highly dynamic, mission critical program that requires an exceptional Program Manager with a level head and the ability to adapt to adverse situations and solve hard problems. An understanding of modern computers, computer systems, and telecommunications, especially computer software engineering, including technical architectures and agile programming methods, and the ability to appropriately apply knowledge to development efforts in support of the overall mission. Several technical leads will assist the Program manager in carrying out the day to day activities of the program. The Program manager meets with these leads weekly to relay customer information, discuss needs, staffing material purchases, contracts and security related information
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community.
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives.
• Delivering presentations to customer, executive management and other program stakeholders.
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Develops new business or expends the product line with the customer. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting through risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manage change through control board activities.
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Back to top