Mgr Programs 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is looking for a Program Manager 2 to manage, plan, and support a portfolio of programs that are responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of airborne systems for a major line of manned aircraft. The position is located in Chantilly, VA.
The successful candidate will direct all phases of the program from inception through completion to include responsibilities for cost, schedule and technical performance. Also, the successful candidate will direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. Occasional travel will be required.
The PM will be responsible for directing all phases of the program from inception through completion.
- The selected candidate must be able to establish and maintain effective customer communication and trust and should be comfortable with and experienced in briefing senior leadership.
- Proven management skills to effectively coordinate and communicate with all members of the team including the customer and its representatives.
- Manage cost, schedule, technical performance and deliverables of a program as well as the roadmap to capture future opportunities.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Establish program plans and monitor adherence to schedules and earned value plans.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Identify program problems quickly and develop timely solutions.
- Lead program team meetings and customer meetings to discuss status, cost, schedule, technical performance, and future opportunities.
- Assist business development to expand new markets
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or other related field and 10 years of overall experience.
- EVM experience
- SOCOM/Special Operations/Navy experience
- Knowledge of SIGINT
- Knowledge of aircraft, specifically manned aircraft like P3
- Demonstrated team leadership with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical PM is a must
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related degree.
- Management experience briefing leadership, hardware/software development, HW/SW integration and test, system security
- Knowledge of SIGINT
- Demonstrated experience in new business opportunities and/or expanding current lines of business with the customer
- Demonstrated experience travelling in support of the customer mission.
- Complete understanding and prior implementation of Earned Value Management (EVM)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top