Mgr Production Support Engineering 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services (TS) is currently seeking a Manager, Production Support Engineering 3. This position is responsible for providing critical program level Industrial Engineering leadership services at the Lake Charles, LA site. Provide core Industrial Engineering disciplines to the program. Leads and directs both Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering functions.
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to methods, procedures, and complete tracking/reporting.
- Leadership and management of Industrial and Methodization Engineering groups in support of aircraft major overhaul, Program Depot Maintenance, Modification and Fabrication Center missions.
- Accurate and effective planning, scheduling and resource requirements in support of operations.
- Develop well defined Northrop Grumman statements of work from limited customer-provided data
- Develop, hire and retain effective staff members including coaching and mentoring
- Awareness of IE best practices and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on operating models, proposals and new business pursuits
- Serves as consultant to senior management in vision, strategy and execution directions
- Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 14 years' of relevant experience OR Masters' and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project.
- Strong Leadership and management skills
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience
- Effective verbal, written, technical communication and presentation skills.
- Data collection, Root Cause Analysis and Practical Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret DoD clearance
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Experience with Lean/Six-Sigma techniques
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top