Mgr Procurement 2
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking multiple Manager Procurement 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage procurement team of ~10 employees
- Support procurement team in areas of policies and procedures, sourcing, training, and development
- Engage suppliers that possess products that support multiple programs and/or significant quantity to achieve mutual desired outcomes and formalizes the relationship in the form of a long term agreement
- Plan, organize, and assign procurement resources, ensuring they are well matched (knowledge/skills/experience) to their assigned duties
- Provide an independent review of procurement products and procurement compliance packages prior to delivery or review and presentation to Audit, program, and GSC Leadership
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo SQMVideo
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of Global Supply Chain experience; 3 years with a Master's degree
- Working knowledge of SAP procurement module
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARs and terms and conditions
- Experience leading a team/process/project
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance
- MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management
- International Buying Certification
- Leadership Development Certification
- Active Secret Clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while demonstrating a professional attitude
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top