Mgr Pricing Cost Estimating 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a dynamic, energetic individual for the position of Manager 2, Pricing and Estimating. This Manager must be able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a schedule driven environment, and be responsible for the day to day management, training, mentoring and career development of a team of pricing professionals engaged in the strategic sector and corporate priority proposal risk and confidence analysis.
The Manager shall provide oversight, support to, and review of all work products, and must be able to function in a fast paced proposal environment and collaborate with sector senior management, business management counterparts, and capture/proposal teams to assist in the development of pricing and win strategies while ensuring compliance and schedule adherence. The position will also provide cost volume support to key strategic proposals.
This position is responsible for Management of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector Capture and Proposal efforts through the application of parametric cost analysis and estimating techniques. The successful candidate will utilize their technical capability to assess cost and schedule implications and work to provide cost models and Independent Cost Estimates for a wide range of complex evaluations in support of acquisition decision points and strategies. The work location is in Linthicum, Maryland.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Facilitate coordination and participate in the Corporate & Sector level Independent Cost Evaluation (ICE) process
- Maintain visibility and strategic awareness for proposal efforts requiring Corporate / Sector level ICE involvement
- Provide strategic proposal support by engaging and guiding proposal team during the Pre-RFP stages, RFP execution, and RFP Cost Volume development
- Support & develop Risk & Confidence Assessment analysis on proposals throughout the Sector
- Grow the awareness and knowledge base of risk and confidence assessment training to multiple sector locations and program teams
- Evolve and maintain process and procedures; define standards for estimation content and presentation
- Develop and maintain WBS catalog and estimation database(s)
- Research and refine metrics; develop and validate potential cost estimation relationships (CERs)
- Maintain profiles of reference-able past performance programs
- Teach and facilitate standard estimation processes and tools
- Assist the capture and proposal team in designing a cost estimation solution
- Provide access and expertise to available tools, metrics, databases, and past performance information useful in the development of BOEs
- Review and evaluate Breakdown Structures, Cost Structures, and Work Packages during development
- Monitor and report the status of each estimation effort
- Provide custom reports and data extracts as agreed upon
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of business management experience
- Advanced MS Excel and Word skills
- Must be able to obtain a secret government security clearance.
- Knowledge of pricing, contracts, and business management
- Experience working with Cost Volume Teams, ensuring RFP compliance
- Experience in regard to validation of estimates, estimating approaches, and data driven estimating
- Strong proposal development skills, and strategy development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top