Mgr Opers Pgm Engineering 2
- Baltimore, MD
The Manufacturing Operations Project Management (OPM) homeroom has an opening for an OPM Manager 2 in Baltimore, MD to support the Space ISR Division. This is both a functional management position with direct reports and a Project Leadership position. The Manufacturing Operations Project Managers are the interface between the Business Division and Manufacturing. This position is responsible for schedule management and cost accountability of manufacturing activities for this Business Division.
- Manage the production execution for Business Unit programs
- Manage manufacturing cost and schedule performance
- Serve as manufacturing lead for all proposals in the Business Unit
- Create and lead teams to resolve the issues adversely impacting the manufacturing execution of the programs
- Understand and report on Manufacturing Operations status at the required level of detail to the Program Manager, Sector Executive Management and customers
- Ensure Manufacturing has the needed resources (resources manufacturing needs as well as allocation of resources from manufacturing) to execute the programs
- Serve as Functional Manager and direct the work of your reporting Operations Project Managers
- Perform manpower planning and execute hiring to support the Business Division
- Mentor, develop, and assess direct reports
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure all Program and Manufacturing objectives are achieved
- Provide manufacturing expertise to support the strategic vision of the Business Division
Candidate must have demonstrated ability in working with cross organizational teams and customers; the ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and successfully communicate them to key staff; strong leadership skills; and a track record of building high-performance teams, with a particular focus on employee development, engagement, inclusion, and retention.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
•Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience working in Manufacturing, Engineering, Test, Production, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, Project Engineering, IPT, Operations Project Management (OPM), or similar roles; 6+ years with a Masters; 3+ years with a PhD
•Demonstrated experience leading people and/or projects
•Working knowledge of SAP and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
•U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance is required
•Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field
•Demonstrated expertise in the following systems and concepts:
- MRP and IMS Scheduling
- SAP production planning and material management tools
- Earned Value Management
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and Manufacturing
•Experience leading Manufacturing proposal efforts that include labor quoting, schedule and capacity analysis, investment planning, and descriptive writing contributions
•Excellent presentation and communications skill
•Program execution experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top