Mgr Mission Assurance 3
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Mission Assurance Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The successful candidate will serve as the Mission Assurance Manager for Quality Systems Compliance, Process Management, Continuous Improvement, Supplier Mission Assurance and Subcontracts Mission Assurance. They will be responsible for interfacing with Program Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management and other Mission Assurance functional areas to ensure compliance to customer requirements and procedures. They will report directly to the Azusa Campus Mission Assurance Manager.
The selected individual will be responsible for Managing our Quality Management System (AS9100 / ISO-9001) and interfacing with our 3rd Party Registrar for Compliance.
- Responsible for managing a Supplier Mission Assurance department, with Quality Field Engineers, Receiving Inspection of incoming hardware, interfacing with Program personnel, DCMA and other Agencies regarding procured hardware or Supplier Management issues, including Subcontracts
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic process improvements that support the Azusa campus through the use of Corrective Action Boards. This planning and protocol includes the analysis for identifying strategic initiatives, leading for continuous improvement, and design and analysis of process management / effectiveness.
- They must have the ability to communicate with the executive leaders, technical engineering staff at all levels within the Military & Civil Space and the Space Systems Division at Redondo Beach, California, and its external customers
- Additional responsibilities will include oversight and input to the proposal process to ensure that MCS is able to execute its Mission Assurance commitments to the Azusa customers
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience with 10 years in Mission Assurance
- Experience leading / managing a team of Supplier Mission Assurance, Quality Engineers / Inspectors
- Experience developing and implementing strategic process improvements
- Strong program, negotiation skills and customer interfacing experience in the space community
- Active Secret Clearance
- Familiar with SAP
- Familiar with cost of Quality
- Familiar with Failure Review Board processes
- Top Secret / SCI clearance would be a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top