Mgr Mission Assurance 2- TS/SCI
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you interested in expanding your career while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) has an opportunity for a Mission Assurance Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Aurora, CO. Join the Space ISR Division in its Drive for Excellence, and work with our team of experts in developing and delivering Space ISR systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
This position provides relocation assistance. Minimal travel required.
This Mission Assurance (MA) Manager 2 is responsible for leading the program Quality function for a Program Team within
the Space ISR Division as a part of the Mission Systems Sector.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with customers - critical component of the position. Ability to build trusted relationships and work through
difficult challenges with the customers.
- Oversees the Risk Management functions for the New Moon program.
- Directs and coordinates quality functional disciplines, including Quality Control, Quality Engineering, Supplier Quality, Quality Programs and Quality Systems per ISO 9001 standards and other internal/external compliance standards and regulations.
- Plans and implements professional development and career management programs for assigned quality personnel while positively influencing employee engagement.
- Effectively manages a diverse team in geographically dispersed locations.
- Oversees the proper implementation and execution of Continuous Improvement programs.
- Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates
employees to their highest levels of performance.
- Creates effective partnership across all the client leadership teams, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain as well as the Profit and Loss Organizations.
- Sets the strategy to meet customer's expectations, regularly communicates program status. Assures compliance in quality, risk management, safety, process improvement, subcontractors and supplier quality in accordance with
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university. 4 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Five (5)+ years of experience in Mission Assurance, Quality, Quality Engineering, Program Management,
Engineering Management or Manufacturing.
- Five (5)+ years of leadership experience.
- Possess an ACTIVE Top Secret/SCI clearance. US citizenship required.
- Three (3)+ years of experience in Space Programs focused on Ground processing of satellite data.
- Five (5)+ years of experience managing teams.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System certification process.
- Lean / Six Sigma Black Belt certification to drive continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Experience with technical and project management.
- Proven ability to be resourceful, well-organized, able to multi-task and coordinate assignments.
- Leader in a team environment with exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top