Mgr Mission Assurance 2, Infrastructure
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager in the Mission Assurance Infrastructure organization. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
The Manager, Mission Assurance, Infrastructure, will be managing an organization of Quality Engineers responsible for Mission Assurance throughout the program life cycle. Candidate will define, monitor, apply and maintain quality systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place and meet contractual requirements
- Ensure quality, risk management, and subcontractor management is performed in accordance with contractual requirements to ensure mission success of programs
- Ensure methods and procedures are implemented for inspection and testing
- Ensure adequate quality assurance tests and inspections are conducted; may perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications
The successful candidate shall assess program performance and risks, and determine resources to ensure mission assurance. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing a segment of a program or a function and be responsible for the direct supervision / management of staff
- Responsible for providing objective-oriented direction to subordinates
- Assisting in the assessment of site quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Overseeing projects and task assigned to the organizational group performed by exempt employees
- Ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
- Responsibility to interpret and execute policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units and shall recommend modifications to operating policies
- Frequent contact with internal personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or specific phases of projects or contracts
- Conducting briefings and participation in technical meetings for internal external representatives concerning operations
May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies. Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Techology, Engineering or Math)
- 10 years of experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and have the ability to create and analyze data
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Working knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint programming
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top