Mgr Mission Assurance 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is youkeep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace System (NGAS) is looking for a Mgr MIssion Assurance 2 - Mission Assurance Program Manager for the B-2 Program located in Palmdale, CA.
The Mission Assurance Program Manager (MAPM) has responsibility for quality requirements of the B-2 Program by providing leadership and management to assigned personnel and serving as a team member of the B-2 Program. You will be responsible for the oversight of Mission Assurance employees and program operations in multiple sites including Palmdale, California. The position requires management of Statement of Work and support of all program review boards, as well as leading the program Preventive Corrective Action Boards (PCABs). The MAPM is the NGAS representative to the program customers, as well as delegated DCMA leadership. As such, the MAPM regularly interfaces with program customers and DCMA regarding requirements and understanding stakeholder expectations, and developing controls that build confidence for process execution. Frequent interactions with customer representatives are required on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and contractual clarifications, as well as maintaining compliance. You will serve as the Cost Account Manager for the specified B-2 WBS tasks and includes the need to manage the budget and report weekly Earned Value. Solid communication skills and the ability to prepare and present to the customer and the B-2 program leadership are essential. The MAPM is also responsible for:
- Maintaining the Program Quality Plan
- Developing and approving Mission Assurance input for proposals
- Supporting the B-2 Quality Management System and ensure adherence to corporate/sector policies and procedures as well as review CDRL deliveries and support other customer Award Fee criteria.
- Ensuring timely support and flow down of sector/division goals and key operating factors to include support of the B-2 affordability goals
- Staffing and daily management of all Mission Assurance personnel assigned to the B-2 program in all locations.
- Partnering with Global Mission Excellence & Logistics directors
- Dotted line management oversight of the Mission Assurance homerooms supporting the B-2 program to ensure resources are properly applied.
- Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs.
- Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Assesses program performance and risks.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of5 years of experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing or maintenance environment.
- Previous leadership experience.
- An active DoD Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years and ability to obtain and maintain program access.
- Strong orientation to change in a dynamic and logistically challenging environment
- Advanced level of understanding of complex quality policies, procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to analyze alternative courses of action where decisions have risk/reward implications for program or area of Influence
- Be proficient in root cause and corrective action
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, globally, and to all levels of any organization
- STEM degree preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top