Mgr Mechanical Engineering 3
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering and Ground Systems Department (E&GS) of Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test Center (MAI&T) of Excellence at Space Park's Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) Directorate is seeking talented and mission-oriented engineers and project managers to join its growing team. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, California.
The E&GS Department provides project leadership and engineering expertise to our programs from the proposal phase, through system design for manufacturability, testability and production operations. Additionally, our project managers and engineers are critical members of system deployment and launch efforts. This diverse team provides innovative and cost effective technical solutions for successful program execution of our space and directed energy business portfolio. Our team consists of engineers with expertise in mechanical manufacturing and assembly, ground support equipment design and analysis, mechanical test and integration, and system deployment and launch operations. Our project managers lead diverse teams of engineers and support personnel to ensure cost effective and timely delivery of high reliability developmental and production systems.
If you thrive in close proximity to hardware development, excel in design, analysis and production of systems that support important science and defense missions, then the EG&S Department is the organization that will provide you with such opportunities. We are looking for several Manager Mechanical Engineering 3s to serve as Assistant Program Managers, Deputy Program Managers, and Sub Project Managers with the following responsibilities:
- Manager and Lead production, test and integration efforts of various programs at Space Park
- Manager and Lead development of manufacturing plans to execute program requirements
- Manager and Lead development of non-flight hardware
- Manager and Lead development of flight hardware test and integration plans
- Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM)
- 7 years of experience in a technical and/or project leadership role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
• Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
• OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
• OR Dept of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Familiar with Earned Value Management System principles and practices
- Knowledge of project schedule baselining and scope definition
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience in defense, aerospace or high-reliability product development industries
- Experience with Solumina MES
- Experience with CAPE
- Experience with MS Project
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/
AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top