Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Section Manager for the Mechanical Systems group for the Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence in the Melbourne, FL. The successful Section Manager will have strong technical and people leadership skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and proven success with prior team lead experience. The Section Manager will report to the Vehicle Subsystems Department Manager and will be responsible for the functional management and technical oversight of approximately 20 direct reports.
Functional Management responsibilities focuses on people, products, processes and tools and will include the following:
- Supports employee development and growth by facilitating development plans, goal setting sessions, and performance reviews
- Provides technical oversight of direct reports to ensure products are in compliance with defined requirements.
- Supports initiatives associated with process improvements to increase efficiency within the group
- Supports continuous engineering tool development and seek out innovative ways to improve performance or increase capabilities
- Supports the overall employee engagement strategy of inclusion, accountability along with coaching and mentorship to the team
Technical Management responsibilities focuses on program specific tasking including to the following:
- Supports the development and documentation of Mechanical Systems requirements to establish the system designs.
- Develop, review and/or approve mechanical system/mechanism configurations and layouts.
- Perform or lead trade study activities associated with aircraft mechanical systems
- May perform technical planning, estimate generation, cost and risk mitigation associated with aircraft mechanical subsystems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supports system component designs/proposals and provide installation and detail documentation.
- Supports testing and integration activities associated with mechanical systems
- Supports and presents and technical meeting including Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews or other major milestone activities
BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with at least ten years of experience in design analysis and integration of aircraft Mechanical Systems.
Knowledge of NX, CAD Tools, and Teamcenter or PLM Equivalent.
Experience leading teams of various sizes.
ACTIVE DoD Clearance.
MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with at least 8 years of aircraft fluid subsystem design and analysis experience. An active DoD clearance within the last years. Prior leadership experience. Experienced in NX and Teamcenter, AMESim and other system analysis tools. Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result. Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously. Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
Proven history of successful leadership
Experience with Electrical Power System Design and Testing
Experience with harness design (HarnesSys, Visio, etc.)
Proficiency with NX 3-D modelling.
Proficiency with TeamCenter.
Ability to lead an engineering or cross-functional team.
Strong communication and writing skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top