Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector is seeking a Manager Mechanical Engineering 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will lead a growing statement of work within the Aircraft Actuation and Mechanisms Subsystem Engineering Team in El Segundo, CA.
The Section Manager position is a dual hat role consisting of a program technical contributor role and a functional management role with responsibilities for providing leadership and management support to a section consisting of approximately 12 engineering leads and individual contributors. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, organized, independently directed with good problem solving skills, able to perform effectively despite concurrent work tasks and will possess strong communication, leadership, and team building skills.
As a Functional Section Manager (SM) reporting to the Department Manager of Mechanisms and Deployable Products within the Vehicle Integration and Subsystems (VI&S) Center of Excellence, up to 20% of the SM's time will be spent performing leadership, people management, and supervisory duties such as management of personnel (direction & coaching), program/project reviews, coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, timecard approval, performance reviews, and process improvement activities. In addition, the individual will support technology and business development activities, proposals, and design reviews in support of the section's charter to maintain and evolve capabilities in air and/or space vehicle subsystems technology that will continue to enable innovative solutions for our mission architectures. The balance of the SM's time (80%+) will be spent providing engineering support to various aircraft programs located or based out of El Segundo, CA.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of9 years of professional experience with BS degree required.
- Active, in-scope DoD Secret security clearance is required.
- Master's of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering preferred.
- Experience with the design, development, and implementation of aerospace mechanical systems, actuators, and mechanisms as well as a working knowledge of complex mechanical subsystems and integration of subsystems hardware into Vehicle Systems is preferred.
- Experience with industry standard design tools and processes including NX CAD, CATIA V5, and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is advantageous.
- Prior technical subcontracts management experience is desirable.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top