Mgr Information Technology 2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will develop mechanisms for monitoring project and process progress and for intervention and problem solving with project leads, staff, other managers, and clients. Will oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects, processes, and other initiatives and serves as liaison between program management, other managers, and multiple project teams or individual contributors. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules and prepares status reports, assesses project issues and risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The successful candidate will support the Program Manager with operational decisions or contractual matters; and will conduct briefings and meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Responsible for the administration, planning, scheduling, communications, problem resolution, deliverables, and technical performance of the project activities defined in the Task Order Statements of Work (SOW) and project charters. Additional responsibilities include people management, budgeting, cost management, and financial reporting for assigned projects.
- Manages multiple projects, processes, or other initiatives of significant complexity, size, risk and complex interdependencies.
- Directs and manages the formulation of technology goals, policies, and overall strategy.
- Provides leadership, oversight, and support to programs to assist them in developing, implementing, and evaluating improved technology processes and discusses technology issues and solutions with program management, other managers, staff, and customers.
- Interacts with client to understand project and/or process requirements, timelines, resources available, and existing assets to leverage.
- Collaborates with the customer and internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Provides status and monthly reports regarding the tracking and presentation of project deliverables.
- Responsible for daily operations and direct supervision of staff, assignment and review of work, schedules, day to day workflow, operating costs.
- Serves as mentor and point of contact for staff members to escalate, coordinate, and resolve issues and participates in goal-setting, drafts and delivers team member performance evaluations.
- Provide input to the preparation of task order proposals, business plans, work statements and specifications, operating budgets and other management work products. Supports business operating objectives and contributes to Northrop Grumman business growth goals.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 10 years overall experience.
- 2 years of experience with contracts, negotiations, and coordination.
- 5 years management experience, including planning, organizing, staffing, reporting, coordinating resources in the areas of vector borne disease surveillance systems development.
- 10 years technical experience in science, engineering, information technology, or related field
- 10 years of experience Analysis & Reporting Tools: SQL, SAS, MATLAB, R, Epi Info, MS Project, Visio
- Experience with business process assessment, development, and redesign
- Ability to respond effectively to changing events and competing priorities in outbreak management scenarios.
- Previous Public Health/Health experience
- Effective oral and written communications skills, capable of translating and presenting project management concepts to management and customers, through presentations and other written formats
- CDC Customer account management and business development experience
- Experience leading application development projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with HL7 FHIR requirements management
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server production environments
- PMP Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top