Mgr General Manufacturing 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager 3 to lead an organization of professional and non-exempt employees. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for the overall performance (cost, schedule and quality) of a factory that includes a variety of product lines, processes and disciplines.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for ensuring that the overall budgets, schedules, compliance and performance standards are met.
- Personnel management duties including supporting career development, employee engagement, time approval, staffing, yearly performance reviews, and all other related activities.
- This key leadership position will be responsible for approximately 100 manufacturing employees including direct report managers.
- Facilitate a learning and continuous improvement culture focused on increasing process effectiveness, efficiency and affordability through innovation
- Create a culture of inclusion by valuing diversity
- Planning, coordinating, & managing capital equipment and process/product development projects
- Develop plans and implement professional development and career management programs for organization while positively influencing employee engagement.
- Communicate regularly and influences all levels of the organization, including external customers, on matters related to the performance and capability of the operations.
- Collaboration with mission assurance, global supply chain, engineering, program management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Must have at least 10 years of progressive leadership experience, experience leading highly effective teams directly or indirectly.
- Understanding of process controls and compliance requirements and ability to apply business based analysis.
- Ability to communicate throughout the organizational structure.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, with the ability to motivate on a one-on-one basis as well as in large presentation forums.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and behaviors that align with the companies Leadership Characteristics, Vision and Values.
- Must have demonstrated customer confidence and credibility, including the ability to understand and interface with customers and senior leaders of the organization.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Master's in Business Administration desired.
- Formal training and experience in EVMS, lean/six sigma, continuous improvement.
- Experience with RF products and components.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top