Mgr General Manufacturing 2
- Lake Charles, LA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...keep reading!
Northrop Grumman, Logistics & Modernization Division has an opening for a Manager General Manufacturing 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA
The selected candidate has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for leading the manufacturing activities of a given cost center including quality, cost and schedule objectives, and production accountability along with other duties.
- Leading/Managing variously skilled technicians and support personnel
- Ensuring compliance to all NGC policies and procedures as applicable for operations environments
- Providing direction and coaching to technicians and other operations personnel in the assembly and manufacturing areas
- Ensuring team members receive the required training and prepares the daily work plans in support of overall program objectives
- Encouraging and providing direction for career development of employees, including educational options for highly motivated employees
- Providing leadership/direction to ensure all affordability initiatives and opportunities for process improvements are systematically identified, pursued, and supported
- Responsibility for daily operations of a team or work unit (direct supervision of the staff, assignment of work, schedules, day to day workflow, and operating costs).
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years' of experience within a manufacturing environment. In lieu of formal education, High School Diploma/GED or equivalent and at least 9 years' experience within a manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years proven leadership or supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations/assembly environment
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Must be able to obtain a secret DoD clearance with ability to maintain.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to maintain
- Experience creating reports, trend analysis, policy & procedure updates, and presentations to functional & program leadership using MS Office tools - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- FAA certification Airframe and Power plant (A&P)
Back to top